the opening ceremony was last Friday, September 5th and it went for 3 nights until Sunday. We were very fortunate with the weather, it was like a blessing from Above! it rained on Saturday and gloom on Sunday.
the parade kicked off at 6pm that lasted for an hour to the marketplace center but all the mask participants gathered near the train station.
the participants, the spectators and the photographers gathered at 5pm just so ready for us to photograph them. Plenty of time to photograph each one of them.
the participants, the spectators and the photographers gathered at 5pm just so ready for us to photograph them. Plenty of time to photograph each one of them.
i take it as a stroke of luck opportunity to get another taste of this famous colorful event with a touch of Venice in the middle of Germany!
i understood from the press released saying there were 700 masked and costumed participants in this event.
overall, the parade was worth a thousand times to watch, not only it was free of charge (€9 per adult entrance fee to the marketplace) but there were lots of time to photograph them when the evening was still bright light.
you were free to move around and choose who you wanted to photograph and this little girl in red, she was a charm and i cannot resist not to photograph her.
the mask participants were very willing to pose and happy to be photographed which made my day most blessing.
and you can also see them here, best view in slideshow:
in my favorite black and white with little touch-up colors
NinaOA©








8 comments:
Wow! I really, really love it. I really wish I was there. Hope I will be able to catch it in 2010.
The costumes and masks are all so beautiful. Lucky you. Out of curiosity, how many photos did you take in total during the parade? More than a hundred?
Nina, your pictures all are simply magnificient and colourful, thanx for sharing them.....:))
Looking at all these colourful mask reminds me so much of the show Cassanova with it's title Venetian Masks, it definitely fits perfectly....
Thank you Kristin :))
i hope you and family will make it here in the next Venetian masks parade with Julia especially. She will definitely be having a blast photographing them :)) As for the amount of the photo shoots, i took nearly 500 photos, erkkkKK :))) so much fun lah... digital makes it easy and free shooting unlike with film, mesti control what to shoot, kan :)))
Thanks Joann. Oh yes, we have watched Casanova movie, we loved it so much that we watched it TWICE! RIP Heath Ledger, sad he passed so soon.
Joann, i hope you, too, will make it to Ludwigsburg in 2010 to watch this carnival. So start saving for the trip, girls kekekee :)))
Thanks for your compliments, Kristin and Joann as well as your visit here. hugs, Nina
Compliment Nina, those photos taken so neat. Mcm professional! I like viewing all of them. Next photos please????
hahaa... Luth, ko sudah looking forward for my next photos ... alamak, tunggu si Autumn season are here yar :)))) Thanks for looking and i am looking forward to seeing your blog update lah :)))
My, my... beautiful pictures Nina, I wish I have your talent... Thanks for sharing.
Oh yah by the way, when you do visit my blog next time, please click on "Follow" which is just below my CBOX just so I know that you've dropped by... thanks, I appreciate it :)
oh hi Dora! so good to hear from you especially with the news of hurricane Ike heading Texas!!! I have been thinking about you and some people i know who lives there in Texas. Glad to know you and your family are spared, thank God.
i try to add this FOLLOW gadget and somehow, it didn't show up. Perhaps on that day, there was some glitches between the server. I'll FOLLOW you now :)))) and Welcome back from your holiday and thank you for dropping by, my friend :)))
Post a Comment