last Friday, October 3rd, we drove to Stuttgart for Volksfest or folks festival = beers for adults
the fairgroundmy mistake, i told few friends that we were going to OCTOBERFEST in Stuttgart! it is indeed, a Volksfest, a “mini fest ” to Octoberfest that started end of September till the first week of October, for two weeks.
Free fall "Powertower" height at 66 meters, dare to try? i'm proud to say i have done it and ONCE is enough at Jurudong Park in Brunei Darrusalem :))
we met up with my brother-in-law and his 11 year old son and the son's friend there. the kids had full of fun always eager to jump on to the next fairground rides. the adults just watched over them and enjoyed the atmosphere.
the roller coasterwe were pretty fortunate with the autumn weather when we arrived at the fairground. it rained so much from late morning till afternoon when we were in Stuttgart city and it stopped around 4-ish. it rained again when we left the location at 8:30pm soon after dinner.
the fruit columnas you can see in most photos how these thick dark clouds rolling in ready to rain on us. Thank God it started to rain after we had finished with our dinner
that was my first time to attend Volksfest in Stuttgart. i hope to be in Munich next year to witness this largest Octoberfest there.
the fruit column
there were more than 70 stands ranging from shooting galleries to raffles, food stands everywhere and entertainments just every corner
all these photos they were taken from my cellphone.
NinaOA©
13 comments:
Wow Nina... it looks like it's a grand festival, beautiful pictures captured too. There's also a German festival here next month at New Braunfels (about 30 mins' drive from here). This city is populated by German immigrants. They celebrate it every year normally either end of October or early November. So we'll surely go to this festival and enjoy those German sausages and the potato pancakes... hehe. Thanks for sharing those beautiful pictures Nina...
My pleasure and thanks for the compliments, Dora :))) I'm flattered :))) and i enjoyed sharing what i saw here, too...
In fact, i really want to find my time to photograph my newly town Heilbronn - it is very historic town and i will do that when i am a bit settled with my German course. You bet! :))))
Ahhhh... you must blog about your visit when you are at the German festival in New Branfels, could it be "Octoberfest"?. The German has great sausages, don't miss that...
Nina xoxoxo
I think it's part of Octoberfest Nina, I'm not sure but whatever it is, I sure will take pictures and will blog about it... stay tuned yah... XOXO.
Thanks for sharing the lovely pics with us Nina. So which of the rides did u take? I have a heart that is a size of a chicken's heart so I won't dare to play any if I am there. Maybe the slide in the last pic. is still ok ... I think ...LOL.
Thanks Dora for coming back again. I really am looking forward to seeing you blog on your other side of this German festival. I am beginning to wonder how it looks like and what entertainment they have there :))) I am sure it will going to be a whole lots of fun especially for you :)))) hugs, Nina xoxoxox
My pleasure, Kristin :)) that is very nice to see you dropping by here. i'm already awake since 6am and last nite i went to bed at 11pm. Thinking too much about this weeks' decision, sleepless night saya dibuatnya... will talk about this soon...
anyhow, i didn't take any game, i had enough from my past experienced with the Freefall ride and the crazy Boomerang ride. Once i was out from those machines, my knees was all shaken. Oh man... those were the days, the influenced from my g/friend... but i am happy i had been there, done those hehehee... now sudah tua, kena jaga hati jantung hahaa..
hugs, Nina
actually, i wanted to blog about my weekend and my autumn photographs but my weekend was crazy busy. Hopefully i'll put up something this week.
Wishing my sincere blogger and all blogger reading me, a Happy Week day ahead of you. Nina xoxox
Good morning Nina! Nowadays, the older I get, the more afraid I get easily. LOL. Even the ferris wheel is scary for me now :( Last yr, I sat on a roller coaster and ended up getting bruises on my leg and back. I was holding on to the thing so tightly like I was trying to hold on to my life. Hahahahaha. Kids laughed until they have tears in their eyes.
Anyway, have you decided on what to do next? Why not you write down the plus and minus points on a piece of paper of what if you do decide to go ahead and study. What will you be facing and the pressure that lies ahead of you. Will you be able to handle it? The sacrifices that you may need to do?Maybe after jotting down everything on a paper and re-reading it, u can see things a bit clearer to help in making your final decision?
Hi Nina
thanks for sharing the pictures of the volksfest in Stuttgart, i have been to one in Dusseldorf few years back....yes the so call fun fair is a big event in germany.....so big and so much to do, very nice to go to once in a while :) Samantha is crazy about all the rides in all these fun fair and amusement parks.....
You take care there ya Nina and have a nice day :))
PS. Hi Kristin and Dora.....see you girls :))
Hugs,
Joann
Thank you for your generous ideas Kristin. I was at the office today telling them about my main problem and the lady there said i am "smart" and she was a bit reluctant to put me in the "slow" class. But it is now all up to me to decide. But what "NO ONE" seems to see and to understand is that, I DON'T SPEAK ANY GERMAN. Either it is a fast-6-mths or a slow-9-mths course with full German grammar, i still have massive difficulty to follow with new words because i don't even understand what they means. I have until end of this week to decide and i will speak thoroughly with my husband again on this. It stresses me out so much... I am really drained and exhausted now. I don't want to grow old so fast because of the word stress. Catching up with new words is awful, my German pronounciation is terribly bad. Betul-betul binggung saya skarang ni, Kristin. I am happy i am in this course now to test the water. Yes, i will survive this course if i know which path to go, adoii.... so, what are you cooking tonight? :)))
Hi Joann, Welcome back! apa kabar ko disana? I hope you are fully charged, back on your feet and blog again heheee... Thanks for coming by here, Joaan. You can read my rintihan hati in this comment boxes... i am so confused what to do with my course now. Tinggal 4 hari to decide, oh yikes! Mau masuk sana MSN pun dunno what to say anymo. Today i have 6 pages of homework to do, it is really a lot to me because i have to translate them to understand, mau leput saya tengok homework, or like Kristin loved to say, mau pengsan, haha.. yes, i think i better pengsan then my cikgu slow down bagi homework...
You take care there, too Joann.
hugs, Nina
Hahahaha, you are right Nina. Now that u mentioned it, I always like to say want to pengsan already. LOL.
Learning a new language is not easy at all. Even though I have been here for quite sometime, my Dutch is half-past six. My pronounciation is still not that great. My tongue sudah keras ni with age so some words, I still just can't say it properly. When I did a Dutch course last time, instead of beginning from class 1, I begin in class 4! Why? Bcoz I can speak English well so that means I am smart enough to learn the language easily ??? Anyway, it was a struggle to keep up with the rest of the class. So stress until all my hair, atas dan bawah semua nak gugur. Aduiii. Alamak censored. Sorry, sorry, sorry. Hope that story brings u a smile on ur face :) Please don't be so stress up ok. Just do what I always do, before going to bed, say a little prayer to God and ask Him to give u a clear mind so that u will be able to think properly and the wisdom and to guide u in making the right decision. So far, He always answer to my prayers but of course not immediately lah :)
P/S: Hi to you too Joann :))
yar la Kristin, whatever thing we hardly do, cannot do, memang rasa mau pengsan... hahaa.. you got me!
you read my mind, Kristin, this course is like stage 3 out of stage 12 on the top. Mau lemas berenang too fast to reach the other end! I do say my prayers every night before going to bed as well as when i am outside the house. I know He answered, heard my prayers most of the time, but this time i think He wants me to 'see' more..? O Lord have mercy on me, help! :))) thanks for listening to my cry, Kristin. May God bless your kind heart. Nina xoxoxo
Post a Comment